Why orthodontic treatment???
The goal of orthodontic treatment is a good bite- meaning straight teeth that mesh well with the teeth in the opposite jaw. A good bite makes it easier for you to bite, chew and speak. This can enhance your dental health and your overall health, and may improve self-esteem.
Orthodontic treatment is often a part of a comprehensive dental health care plan. With good care, including orthodontic treatment when necessary, teeth can last a lifetime.
Treatment in children or teenagers who are still growing may yield results that may not be possible once the face and jaws have completed their growth.
A healthy bite is as important at age 60 as it is at age 16. Even though adults are no longer growing, they can also enjoy improvements that come from orthodontic treatment. Your age is not a consideration for orthodontic treatment. Healthy teeth can be moved at any age.
Orthodontic treatment is a smart investment, in your dental, physical and emotional health.
When to see an orthodontist??
If you recognize any of these signs in your child or yourself, it might be time to schedule a consultation with an orthodontist:
* Common bite problems:
If your jaws don’t line up, your teeth don’t close properly. The same is true if your teeth are turned, crowded or missing. Bite problems fall into three classes of malocclusion. Other bite problems can also occur, either on their own or along with a malocclusion.
Dental braces (also known as braces, orthodontic braces) are devices used in orthodontics that align and straighten teeth and help to position them with regard to a person's bite, while also working to improve dental health. Braces can be either cosmetic or structural. Dental braces are often used in conjunction with other orthodontic appliances to help widen the palate or jaws and to otherwise assist in shaping the teeth and jaws.
A variety of orthodontic appliances are available today, thanks to on-going research in orthodontics. Options include traditional metal braces, tooth-coloured braces, braces that go behind the teeth and other devices that do not need braces at all.
(1) Metal braces/Traditional braces :
These are the metal brackets and wires that most people picture when they hear the word "braces." However, modern brackets are smaller and less noticeable than the notorious "metal-mouth" braces than many adults remember. Plus, new heat-activatedarchwires use your body heat to help teeth move more quickly and less painfully than in the past.
* Pros: Least expensive type; colored bands give kids a chance to express themselves
* Cons: Most noticeable type of braces
(2) Ceramic Braces:
Ceramic braces are the same size and shape as metal braces, except that they have tooth-colored or clear brackets that blend in to teeth. Some even use tooth-colored wires to be even less noticeable.
* Pros: Less noticeable than metal braces; move teeth much faster than clear plastic aligners (Invisalign)
* Cons: More expensive than metal braces;Brackets can stain easily if patients don’t care for them well
(3) Lingual Braces
Lingual braces are the same as traditional metal braces, except that the brackets and wires are placed on the inside of teeth.
* Pros: Invisible from outside
* Cons: Difficult to clean; more expensive; not appropriate for severe cases; can be moreuncomfortable at first; regular adjustments take longer and are more difficult than with traditional braces
(4) Invisalign/ clear aligner
Invisalign consists of a series of 18 to 30 custom-made, mouth guard-like clear plastic aligners. The aligners are removable and are replaced every 2 weeks.
* Pros: Almost invisible; Patients can eat and drink whatever they want
* Cons: Will not work for serious dental problems; only available for adults and teens, not children; more expensive option; can be easily lost and costly to replace; treatment may potentially take longer.
* Check out with Dr. Samir Batra (MDS.- Ortho.) about the best way to achieve your treatment goals. Comfortable and efficient, today’s orthodontic appliances also contribute to a stable, long-lasting result.
S-2,Anjana Park Complex, Above Bharucha Hospital, Near Vidhyavihar School, Subhanpura Main Road vadodara-390023, India
FF-6, Sanket avenue, Opp. Ambe school, Sama-Savli road, Vadodara
1st floor, Radheshyam complex, above Batra Medical Store, Opp. APMC, Bus stand road, Savli, vadodara-390023, India
Mobile: +91 9879625787
Mobile: +91 9825007975
Mon to Sat
9:30 AM to 1 PM
5 PM to 8:30 PM
Dr. Batra’s Dentistree is a multispeciality dental clinic implying latest technology, well equiped, with dental hygiene care for patients. Along with the availability of modern dental facilities under one roof, we provide homely atmosphere with welcoming nature of the staff. We emphasize on "Quality is First and Foremost". That is why, inspite of being so cost-effective, we strictly adhere to the Quality control of our Equipments and Facilities, Materials, Procedures practiced in Dentistry and the Professional competency of our Dentists and Lab Technicians.