A diastema is a space or gap between two teeth. It appears most often between the two upper front teeth. However, gaps can occur between any two teeth.
* Various procedures can be done to treat this condition:
* Orthodontic treatment: Treatment of choice in most of the cases. It involves gradually reducing space and closing it through light forces of wires, i.e with the help of braces.
* Direct composite veneers: when a person wants a quick fix, tooth bonding is preferred. A special tooth-colored resin which is applied to the tooth then hardened using a special light. This bonds the resin to the tooth either to restore it or to improve the appearance of the tooth. Bonding materials do not last as long nor are as strong as other dental procedures.
* Indirect veneers: A porcelain veneer is a thin shell that is bonded to the front of the tooth (or teeth) that you are looking to fix. Placing veneers requires the removal of a small amount of your enamel so that the veneers fit properly and look natural without altering your bite. This is often used with bonding to create a uniform look.
* Dental crowns: Dental crowns are also a type of porcelain shell, but they are designed to fit over most of your tooth, which allows them to fix a number of functionality issues as well as cosmetic ones. Crowns are meant to fix damage. A tooth that has broken or cracked due to trauma or decay can be repaired by a crown but not by a veneer. Crowns are also useful for building up teeth that are causing problems with your bite and for supporting and protecting a tooth that has had root canal therapy.
S-2,Anjana Park Complex, Above Bharucha Hospital, Near Vidhyavihar School, Subhanpura Main Road vadodara-390023, India
FF-6, Sanket avenue, Opp. Ambe school, Sama-Savli road, Vadodara
1st floor, Radheshyam complex, above Batra Medical Store, Opp. APMC, Bus stand road, Savli, vadodara-390023, India
Mobile: +91 9879625787
Mobile: +91 9825007975
Mon to Sat
9:30 AM to 1 PM
5 PM to 8:30 PM
Dr. Batra’s Dentistree is a multispeciality dental clinic implying latest technology, well equiped, with dental hygiene care for patients. Along with the availability of modern dental facilities under one roof, we provide homely atmosphere with welcoming nature of the staff. We emphasize on "Quality is First and Foremost". That is why, inspite of being so cost-effective, we strictly adhere to the Quality control of our Equipments and Facilities, Materials, Procedures practiced in Dentistry and the Professional competency of our Dentists and Lab Technicians.